Publish Your App Competition June 2014
Congratulations to all developers who have started promoting their apps for free on the AdDuplex network in June. Traditionally we picked up random apps as the winners of two Windows Phones:
- Nokia Lumia 630 (or $1,000 advertising credit) goes to Dylan Scelza – the author of an app for Minecraft MC Helper.
- Nokia Lumia 520 (or $1,000 advertising credit) goes to David Castro Cisneros for a game for children that plays different animal sounds called Animal Fun.
Congrats to both of you guys!
Winner of Special June Challenge to Win Nokia Lumia 930.
Thanks to everyone who tweeted their outside experiences for the Every Phone They Make June Challenge to win the new Nokia LUMIA 930. As we expected, now we have a library of photos of different landscapes with AdDuplex logo and #adduplexworld hashtag.
The goal of last months challenge was to make you to get to work outside your office, to refresh your mind and come back with new bright ideas. Actually, now we can proudly make a statement that our plan has worked out and congratulate @JPHellemons. He will be the owner of brand new LUMIA 930.
Here is his story:
@JPHellemons says he heard about our June Challenge and thought of taking a picture of the church and “seconds later remembered the angel on it with the phone”. That’s how the app Angelscaller was born. It was developed especially for AdDuplex and its main purpose is to search for an angel on the church holding a cellphone (we believe it’s a WP).
And now @JPHellemons challenges you to download the app and find the modern angel. Our team members already did. Can you find it?
Be sure to participate July Challenge to win another Nokia Lumia 930!
So once again compliments to the winner! And here are few more pictures that caught the eye and where posted according to the rules:
New month and new package of Windows Phones to give away!
Special July Challenge
The goal of the Every Phone They Make challenge is to give away different Windows Phone devices every month. However, we decided that Nokia Lumia 930 is worth to be the prize for the second time in a row. We will do our best that this month’s Lumia 930 would be color-matched to the champions of the FIFA World Cup 2014.
This month we are curious where do you get your daily dose of news about Windows Phone, technology etc. to keep yourself updated what is happening in the world in this area. So to win Lumia 930 we ask you to name your favorite one internet source (blog, forum, website, person you follow on twitter etc.) in the comment by the end of July. And we will compile a list of most valuable Windows Phone sources next month.
Easy money, right?
Publish Your App Competition July, 2014
And of course, for developers who will start using AdDuplex to promote their apps for free in July we have:
- Nokia Lumia 620
- Nokia Lumia 925.
So submit your application using AdDuplex cross-promotion network and wait till the end of the month. We will pick two random apps that will win the phones listed above. Simple as that.
The official rules are here.
BTW. The winners of June Challenge are coming soon.
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) is Microsoft award given to “exceptional, independent community leaders who share their passion, technical expertise and real-world knowledge of Microsoft products with others”. In short, MVPs give a lot to community. Thus, AdDuplex is eager to motivate them back and inspire for even more action.
Moreover, we at AdDuplex believe that MVPs are closer to the community than anyone else. Therefore for every MVP that applies to AdDuplex Grant we are giving away 20 coupons of $50 value every month for a period of one year. In total one MVP will get $12,000 value for ads in our network. All you have to do is send us an email to email@example.com with the following details:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Link to MVP Profile
- Links to Windows Phone or Windows 8 apps, if you have created any
We will contact you through email if additional details will be needed. After you receive coupons, you’re free to do whatever you want with them. If you want to use them for personal needs – do so. If you want to give part of the coupons or all of them to someone else – you’re free to do so as well.
Our main goal is to inspire community for action and foster its growth. So if you know MVPs who would benefit from this incentive (or who can share some love with you ;), please let them know through Twitter, email or personal message by directing them to this blog post.
AdDuplex MVP Grant rules:
- AdDuplex MVP Grant applies to all MVP categories;
- 20 coupons of $50 value are given every month for a period of 12 months;
- AdDuplex keeps the right to stop this grant at any time;
- Use of coupons is subject to official AdDuplex terms of service;
- AdDuplex might ask for additional proof of identity.
Thank you for using AdDuplex and recommending it to your friends and followers!
Nobody can tell the real advantages of using AdDuplex better than our users. Your help spreading the word is highly appreciated. To express our sincere gratitude we have a working referral program where you can earn more impressions for your apps by referring other developers to AdDuplex.
Why should I use AdDuplex referral program?
When a user joins AdDuplex via that link you will get 5% of the impressions served by apps developed by this user for the next 6 months. And they will get 5% more impressions too! So that’s an incentive for your friends to register via your link rather than just registering as normal. Win–win situation!
How to start using AdDuplex referral program?
Every registered account has it’s own unique AdDuplex referral link.
(1) When you are logged in, go to your profile section (click on your name in the right top corner)
(2) and enter Referral Program.
(3) Copy your link and share it on Twitter, Facebook, blog etc. or just send it to your friend directly.
(4) Check the performance stats of your referral program activities.
Here’s an example.
Suppose you’ve shared the referral link on Twitter and 5 of your followers joined AdDuplex via this link. They’ve published 2 apps each and each of these apps serves 10,000 impressions a day on average. So over the course of 6 months you will get 90,000 impressions as a bonus to promote your own apps. And some apps serve more than 2,000,000 impressions a day. So if you refer one of those you’ll actually get close to 20,000,000 impressions for free! Whopping numbers, huh?
Sharing is caring!
We got a river of comments with 5 favorite indie Windows Store and/or Windows Phone apps for last month’s challenge
where were more than 800 different app names mentioned. And here is the TOP-25 applications
that AdDuplex blog readers declared to be the best ones:
– the most full featured Instagram app for Windows Phone.
– your guide to everything your Windows Phone can offer. Read news, tips, comments, app & game reviews.
– all Wikipedia on your windows phone.
– a YouTube app built to keep your video playing no matter what.
– all-format local video & audio media player.
– the first full featured snapchat app for Windows Phone.
– 9gag application for Windows Phone.
– All the news you want, in one app.
– shows your phone battery status, software version/ hardware status information, and Shortcut feature allows you to easy access your Flashlight and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, location, Cellular, Airplane mode settings.
– a simple YouTube app.
Amazing Weather HD
– weather app with dynamic lock screens and mix and match live tiles to bring you the ultimate experience on your phone.
– features a LED light, battery meter, a compass and an S.O.S mode that does not interfere with the user experience.
– an application that suggests every day a new high-quality app.
– a modern metro reddit app for Windows Phone.
– the future of Reddit on the Windows Phone Platform
– a SoundCloud client for Windows Phone.
– YouTube client app on Windows phone which allows you to watch videos in HQ and HD and download videos to your phone for free.
4th & Mayor
– a snappy, simple, fun foursquare client for your Windows Phone.
– it has a unique and creative compass, with six scenes to choose different effects.
– a Pocket client for Windows Phone with an unique reading experience.
This time loud applauses go to Adithya Sankar who gets Nokia Lumia 1020 as the winner of AdDuplex May Challenge. Here is how Adithya rated his Top-5 Windows Phone indie apps he can’t live without (alphabetical order):
– I use all their apps ( Fhotolens , Fhotostorage ) which surely are the best photo apps (IMO).
– I don’t know why MS still has not included this in the OS!!!
UC Browser – Love the ability to cache videos and share with Wi-FI.
Xpress Music – I made this app bcoz I listen to music b4 sleep and found it annoying to use those tiny buttons to control my music.
Winners of Publish Your App Competition.
We are glad to give away the prizes for those who have submitted their apps using AdDuplex cross-promotion network. This time the happy ones are:
Nokia Lumia 625
(or $1,000 advertising credit) goes to Mateusz Cichenski
(Out of Memory
Sincere congrats to you guys!
New month and another 3 Windows Phones to give away. Here’s what you need to do.
Publish Your App Competition for June, 2014
The rules are still the same and all you have to do is submit your application using AdDuplex cross-promotion network. You promote your app for free and automatically get into the list of candidates to win a Windows Phone.
This month we have two beauties to give away:
- Nokia Lumia 630
- Nokia Lumia 520
Special June Challenge to win NOKIA LUMIA 930!
Summer summer summer time!
All you have to do in June is get outside your office and tweet a picture of your local landscape or landmark together with AdDuplex logo (you may use any format: laptop with AdDuplex name on the screen, paper sheet with painted logo, draw it in the sand, etc.).
We expect to receive loads of pictures with different places of the world since we are a global network of Windows app developers and we would love to have a collection of photos to back this up. And of course don’t forget to invite your friends to do the same by encouraging them to get to work outside.
Please note that only properly tagged and publicly accessible pictures will be able to participate in this challenge (no Photoshops please, sorry).
So just do as follows:
- Tweet a picture of the landscape together with AdDuplex logo (in any form)
- Use #adduplexworld hashtag.
Here is how AdDuplex team spends the time outside in Vilnius:
(That’s Gediminas’ Tower in the background)
Don’t be lazy. Compete for the new and shiny LUMIA 930 like crazy!
P.S. AdDuplex May Challenge results are coming really soon.
Thanks to everyone who have launched new apps on AdDuplex in April and thank you to all the devographers who published their desk photos on the web!
It’s time to announce the winners and let’s start with 2 phones that are going to developers who have started promoting their apps for free with the help of the fellow devs on the AdDuplex network:
- Nokia Lumia 720 (or $1,000 advertising credit) goes to Bharat Mulupuru – the author of a great word game called SpellMesh
- Huawei Ascend W1 (or $1,000 advertising credit) goes to Lassi Lehikoinen for a beautiful guitar game Guitar Tunes
Congrats to both of you!
As for the photo challenge, we’ve received quite a few great entries and it was a really tough choice. But in the end the unilateral decision was to award the Lumia 1320 to one developer who seemed to need it most:
Congrats to Florian Höhn on his new phone. Now that you have a way to test your apps on a real (and huge) device sky is the only limit.
Don’t forget that a new challenge is on the way and 3 great Nokia phones are awaiting their new owners. Click here for the details.
We are getting ready to announce the winners of our April challenge. Come back for that early next week. Now it’s time to announce the new prizes and a new challenge for our “Every Phone They Make” campaign.
“Publish Your App” May prizes
To be eligible to win in this challenge all you have to do is start using AdDuplex to promote your app for free and you are automatically entered into the random draw. The prizes for apps joining us in May are:
- Nokia Lumia 625
- Nokia Lumia 820
Special May Challenge – List 5 indie Windows Phone and/or Windows Store apps you can’t live without
The prize for the special challenge in May is Nokia Lumia 1020 (yes, it would make more sense for the photo challenge, but we failed to realize that in April while we were still jetlaged from all the traveling 😉 and here’s what you need to do…
In the comments below list 5 indie apps that you use on your Windows Phone and/or Windows 8 (Store apps only). In the context of this challenge “indie apps” means no “first party” apps (Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, etc.) and no official apps from major services or companies (like Amazon, Facebook, Spotify, etc.). The goal is to replicate the AdDuplex’ mission of giving the visibility to the developers who don’t have a marketing budget.
We know that many developers would like to use this opportunity to plug their own apps and there’s nothing wrong with that, but we have one condition – you can’t be directly affiliated with more than 1 app in your list and you should include a disclaimer next to your app stating that it’s yours.
Check out the official rules for details on participation in the challenge. And here are my lists to start us off:
My Top-5 Windows Phone indie apps I can’t live without (alphabetical order)
- 4th & Mayor – Foursquare was one of the official apps that came to Windows Phone really early. Kudos for that! The only problem that the first iteration was not very good (to put it mildly). That’s where 4th & Mayor stepped in and, even though current official client is pretty decent and probably wins in the “beauty” department, I still use 4th & Mayor more and find the user experience in it to be better.
- 6tag – very similar story with 6tag. Even though there’s an official Instagram app, I still feel like 6tag is more joy to use, plus it has more useful extra features like collages and advanced blurring.
- Trellow – we use Trello both as a team and for personal stuff and even though there’s no official app, it doesn’t feel like we are missing much. Trellow is well designed and executed and fills the gap perfectly fine.
- Unofficial Samsung Remote – I have a Samsung TV at home and finding the remote could be a challenge sometimes. Not to mention those moments when you need to type something on that numpad. One extra feature is that if someone is watching TV too loud in the other room you can quietly solve this problem w/o starting a nasty fight (shhh, don’t tell my wife 😉
- WaterLogger – I’m not a big fan of drinking still water, but I’m trying to do more of it. This app reminds me to drink a glass every hour and tracks my progress. Not a big fan of the “cartoonish” UI, but functionally it’s more than perfect and quite flexible if you want more control.
My Top-5 Windows Store indie apps I can’t live without (alphabetical order)
- Calculator2 – it’s funny that there was no Metro calculator in Windows 8.0. This app filled the gap perfectly and even now when there is a “built-in” version it has some edge over it.
- mobile.HD Media Player – there was a lot of buzz surrounding the development of VLC media player for Windows 8 recently, but to be honest, I’ve been using mobile.HD to play media on Windows 8 since early 8.0 days and had pretty much no problems (I’d admit that my needs in this area are pretty modest).
- NovaMind Mind Mapping – mind mapping is a great technique for organizing and documenting your thoughts while brainstorming and this is a great tool to do it on your Windows tablet.
- Readiy – I’ve used several RSS readers over the last couple of years. Mostly Nextgen Reader. But it got stuck on me a few times and I decided to explore the alternatives. Been using Readiy for a few months now and happy so far.
- Ultra Stopwatch & Timer – stopwatches and timers are simple apps and there are tons of them. I’m not saying that this one is the best but it was the first one that satisfied my simple needs (run in snapped mode and in the background/under lock screen).
Share your lists in the comments and let’s spread some indie dev love!
It has been an intense period for AdDuplex in the recent weeks and we have therefore taken our time to announce the winners of the Monthly AdDuplex challenge.
In the first part, you were automatically enrolled in the competition if you published your application using AdDuplex cross promotion network.
Without further adieu, here are the winners of the first part of the challenge:
- Jason Lee wins NOKIA Lumia 920
- Jason Carter wins HTC Windows Phone 8X
The winners will be contacted directly via email. Congratulations to both of you!
The second part was a bit different. We asked you to provide your feedback on using AdDuplex – both the benefits it brings and the improvements we could implement based on your comments. Our whole office had a tough time selecting the most informative piece, as this was our main criteria for the second part of monthly challenge.
In the end, we went through an incredible number of reviews you have submitted. We would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone personally who took their time and submitted their ideas.
However, there could only be one winner and here it goes. A brand new NOKIA Lumia 1520 goes to…
Congratulations once again. Thank you for your feedback, we will consider all of your recommendations expressed. You can checkout Zoltán’s great game here.
Remember, you are all eligible to participate in April’s challenge. Good luck!
You can read Zoltan’s feedback below (unedited):
AdDuplex is a true indie friendly promotional platform that boosts your applications even without a huge marketing budget. By implementing AdDuplex services in all of our games we were able to utilize the success of our previous games to promote our latest one. As a result, Medieval Apocalypse reached the first place of the Role Playing Games top list in the Windows Phone Store in just a month after the release. Ignoring the possibilities provided by AdDuplex is just simply bad business if your are targeting Windows 8 or Windows Phone platforms.
We know you are eagerly waiting for us to announce the winners of the last month’s competition. That information is coming out soon as we are very excited to award the winners.
We would like to use this opportunity to present you the rules of this month’s competition.
Publish Your App Competition for April, 2014
As before, two winners will be awarded for submitting their application using AdDuplex cross-promotion network. All you have to do is to publish your application during April and your details will then be automatically submitted to our system. Those, who have already published their apps after April 1, but before this post was published, are still part of the competition.
This month, the two winners will be awarded with:
NOKIA Lumia 720
Huawei Ascend W1
We will select the winners by the end of April.
Special Monthly Challenge – April, 2014
The second monthly challenge is as follows:
We will ask you to share a photo of your workplace – where you code and build the greatest WP or Windows Store applications. On your computer, you will have to open the browser and go to AdDuplex home page. Next to that, try to capture your phone or emulator with your application running on it – be creative as creativity will be one of the criteria when selecting the winner. Once you have that picture, post it on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and use #mydevdesk hashtag. Please note that only properly tagged and publicly accessible pictures will be able to participate in this challenge. Have fun with this and by the end of April you will be able to win NOKIA Lumia 1320. Example is below:
You can find the official rules here. Good luck with your development and we will wait for your pictures online.